Monroeville Historical Society Presents
HERITAGE DAY FESTIVAL
"A Tribute to Monroeville's Rural Past"
September 30, 2023; 1 to 5 PM
We will follow current Covid 19 guidelines
Supervised rides will be offered on good-natured ponies that love nothing more than to let you ride them.
Awaken your inner autumn artist with pumpkin painting, bring your own scarecrow to life. Select one or more crafts to create!
Pet, play and take photos as you meet friendly farm animals.
Historical Antique Farming Implements
What is this? When you visit the Tool Shed, you can have fun guessing the implements' names and how they are used.
Self-Guided Tours of the Historical Houses
- McGinley House - kitchen, museum room, parlor, upstairs bedroom.
- McCully Log House - interact and relive history with a MHS member.
- Pioneer and Native American artifacts shown.
- Spinning wheel demonstration.
- Churn butter, see bread baking in outdoor oven, Churn butter and Sample it on your slice of bread.
- Enjoy talking with a beekeeper about the bees' activities in the hive.
Delicious Food by Nathan's Catering - Smokin' Good!
The Historical Houses are located near Forbes Hospital at 2381 McGinley Road, Monroeville 15146. From Route 48, turn at Haymaker Road, then turn left at McGinley Road and follow the signs. Handicapped accessible. For more information, call Joe Ventresca at 412-973-5313 or go to the MHS website www.monroevillehistorical.org