Real Estate Tax
Real Estate owners within the Municipality of Monroeville are obligated to pay taxes to the following entities at the specified rates:
- Municipal Taxes for 2023: 4 mills (.00400) Municipality of Monroeville, pays for local police, fire, EMS, road paving and plowing, garbage and recycling pickup, park maintenance, and other municipal services.
- School District: 2023-2024: 22.8570 mills (.0228570) Gateway School District, pays for the public school system
- County Taxes for 2023: 4.73 mills (.00473) Allegheny County, pays for County services
|Discounts / Penalties by County, Municipality or District||2% Discount if Paid by:||Face Amount if Paid Before:||10% Penalty Beginning on:|
|Allegheny County (Calendar Year)||March 31||May 31||June 1|
|Municipality of Monroeville (Calendar Year)||April 30||June 30||July 1|
|Gateway School District||August 31||October 31||November 1|
Mail Allegheny County Payments to:
Courthouse Room 108
436 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Mail Monroeville or Gateway Payments to:
Patrick Fulkerson, Tax Collector
2700 Monroeville Blvd
Monroeville, PA 15146-2388
Monroeville or Gateway Payments may also be paid online by visiting the ACI Payments, Inc. website.
(Disclaimer: this service charges each payee a set percentage of your Amount Paid as a convenience fee for providing online payment services.)
Tax Certification Fees (As of January 1, 2022)
- $40 for Three year Certs (Municipal and School)
- $40 for Delinquent Municipal Certs
Mail Tax Certification Fees to Patrick Fulkerson, Tax Collector, 2700 Monroeville Blvd, Monroeville, PA 15146
Earned Income Tax
Definition: This is a tax on the gross income of all residents of Gateway School District (Monroeville and Pitcairn).
Notice: All Earned Income Tax is collected by Keystone Collections Group.
- Monroeville Residents Combined School and Municipal Rate: 1.5% (.015)
- Pitcairn Residents Combined School and Municipal Tax Rate: 1.0% (.01)
Earned income (net profits for self-employed).
The last day of the following months: January, April, July, and October. This is for earned income for the previous quarter. For example, the tax due in January is based on income earned in October, November, and December of the previous year.
Exemptions & Exclusions
Late filing - six (6%)% per annum and an additional penalty of one-half of one (1/2 of 1%)% per month or part thereof. Failure to pay tax or file a return: Up to $500 or thirty (30) days in jail for each offense.
This information presented is by necessity, brief and generalized. Please consult actual ordinances on this website or at our office location.
Taxpayers Bill of Rights Disclosure Statement (PDF): You are entitled to receive a written explanation of your rights with regard to the audit, appeal, enforcement, refund and collection of local taxes.